As a dog owner, you may see your senior dog struggling with mobility, anxiety, or other conditions that could be making your pet uncomfortable. Now that CBD is an available option for your pooch, and you’ve done you research on how CBD could benefit your dog, you want to give it a try.
If you are reading this article, maybe you’ve have pet treats before. It could be because you feed your dog the highest quality products, so you like to know what you’re giving him, she has food allergies, or simply he or she is a picky eater. Nonetheless, there are easy, simple dog treat recipes you can infuse CBD into.
The easiest way to incorporate CBD into you DIY dog treats is with a NO BAKE recipe. If unfamiliar with baking with cannabis, you could easily evaporate all of the potential health benefits of CBD from the treats, rendering them… just regular dog treats.
Dog treats usually have around 5mg CBD per treat. 5mg dog treats are a good dosing for your pet if you can control only giving them 1 treat, maybe twice a day. If you dog is larger, he may be able to eat 2 5mg dog treats. You can adjust the dosing in any of these recipes to your preferred dosing, but each of these recipes have 5mg CBD per treat or less.
We will highlight some easy, no bake recipes here. BONE-Appetite!
NO BAKE Peanut Butter CBD Bites
Yields: 20 treats
CBD per Treat: 4.2mg
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil 1mL Purelistic Max Strength CBD Tincture
2-3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Coconut
1. Add Coconut Oil, CBD oil, Peanut Butter and Rolled Oats to food processor and mix until well combined. If the mixture is two dense, add a teaspoon of water and mix until consistency is workable.
2. Scoop out bite sized pieces with a spoon and roll into little balls.
3. Toss each ball gently in the finely shredded coconut until well coated.
4. Place on a flat tray lined with baking paper, refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
CBD infused Sweet Potato Jerky
Okay… So these require minimal baking. It wont compromise the integrity of the CBD, and you dog will love it! Turn sweet potatoes into a chewy, irresistible treat your dog will enjoy tearing us with his canines.
Yields: About 20 treats
CBD per treat: 2mg
2 sweet potatoes 2ml Purelistic Boost CBD tincture ground cinnamon salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds, you can leave to skin on.
- Line a baking sheet, lay all of the sweet potatoes flat and evenly along the baking sheet.
- Bake on low temp (250) for 2 1/2 hours, flipping them once halfway through.
- Place 2ml of CBD oil into a small bowl, and have a brush ready to ‘paint’ the cbd onto the treats. If you don’t have a baking brush or other available brush, thats ok too.
- Once you have removed the sweet potatoes from the oven, they should be dried and chewy. A few may be crispy, put those ones aside for your own snack.
- Brush even amounts of CBD on each treat. If you don’t have a brush, take one of the CBD ‘treats’, cool in down in the freezer for a minute or ‘air fan’ it until its cool enough to handle, and just use the sweet potato as your brush. Dip it in the CBD oil and run it across the other sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and cinnamon lightly over the warm treats and the oil will hold the seasoning on.
- Once the treats are completely cooled, store them in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Savory Cheese & Oat CBD Dog Treats
Yields: 36 treats
CBD per treat: 4mg
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1.5mL Purelistic Max Strength CBD tincture
- ½ cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of beef broth
In a medium sized bowl mix together cheese, beef broth, rolled oats, CBD and flour. With your fingers roll batter into small sized balls. You can serve to your pet now, or put them in the fridge for a cold snack later. Store in refrigerator.