With the microscope steadily zooming closer and closer in on CBD, here is a book list of some publications which offer factual, valid, useful knowledge on CBD, and into health and wellness. We’ve enjoyed these reads, and you will too!
1. CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medical Cannabis Authors: Leinbow & Birnbaum
This practical, accessible guide to using CBD-dominant cannabis contains a wealth of information for both first-time explorers and experienced patients who want to know more about safely treating a number of health conditions with remarkable results and low to no psychoactivity or negative side effects. CBD (cannabidiol) is a component of cannabis that can provide relief for conditions such as seizures, pain, inflammation, anxiety, depression, arthritis, and a number of other issues. This book offers guidance on various forms of the medicine such as oil infusions, alcohol-based tinctures, capsules, and CO2 concentrated extracts. The information is organized by health condition and also by recommended CBD-rich strains, which do not produce the “highs” associated with THC. With dosage suggestions, potential side effects and contraindications, and the pharmacology of the plant, this is an essential guide for both doctors and patients looking for a nontoxic alternative to opiate-based pain medications and other pharmaceuticals….
2. The ABCs of CBD: The Essential Guide for Parents (and Regular Folks Too)Author: Shira Adler
“The ABCs of CBD: The Essential Guide for Parents (and regular folks too) by author Shira Adler, explains “Why Pot Is NOT What We Were Taught.” Every day there is one more person / parent who becomes canna-curious or an inadvertent advocate based on their needs, and those of their family. From aging parents, to disenfranchised millennials, to children with disorders, addictions, and diseases that boggle the mind and break the heart, we are consumed with illness and disease. PTSD, ADHD, Alzheimer’s, Anxiety, Autism, Arthritis, Cancer, Chronic Pain, Colitis, and much more… this is our new reality. Science points to CBD as a real alternative to traditional western medicine, and daily headlines agree! Yet the average American has no idea what it is, how to use it, or if it’s legal to do so! Accessible for any reader, The ABC’s of CBD is a practical, educational, and comprehensive guide — alternatively humorous and hard hitting, answering all the reader ever wanted to know about cannabinoids, but was afraid to ask….”
3. Herbal Antibiotics: What BIG Pharma Doesn’t Want You to Know – How to Pick and Use the 45 Most Powerful Herbal Antibiotics for Overcoming Any AilmentAuthor: Mary Jones
“Boost Your Immune System with Nature’s Bounty!
Herbal antibiotics have been used throughout the centuries as natural treatments for hundreds of diseases and ailments, including wisdom teeth extraction, broken bones and even surgery—and like 98% of Americans, you’ve probably taken a course of synthetic antibiotics to help you recover. While there’s nothing wrong with synthetic antibiotics, BIG Pharma’s running scared of the natural alternative to their expensive drugs(and profits) —while you can utilize natural remedies that leave less impact on the environment and your internal body chemistry. Herbal Antibioticsis the most in-depth introduction to natural healing and herbal medicine available today, giving you the explanations on why certain herbs work as herbal antivirals and herbal antibiotics and how you can use them to fight your next infection—or simply boost your immunity to nasties in your area! Organic antibiotics aren’t hokum, they are a legitimate way to treat some of the most prevalent infections and sicknesses that we get today.
What’s covered in Herbal Antibiotics? Here’s a brief overview:
• Learn to pick, prepare and use the Top 45 Most Valuable Herbs that you can easily find growing in your area, or even in your local grocery store or health food shop with our in-depth profiles, featuring illustrations.
• Discover how to fight bad bacteria with herbal treatments—and how they compare to traditional treatments available from your pharmacist.
• Find out what are the 5 Key Essential Oils with Natural Antibiotic properties.
• Consult a “cheat sheet” for fighting infections naturally with the right herbal medicine.
• Get the low-down on natural antibiotics with a FAQ that addresses the14 most common questionspeople ask about natural remedies.
• Discover little known Herbal remedy recipes and solutions for the most common ailments(from pain to the common cold), as an added BONUS!”
4. Healing with CBD: How Cannabidiol Can Transform Your Health without the HighAuthor: Konieczny & Wilson
“A complete, easy-to-understand guide to cannabidiol (CBD) treatments and benefits. Drawing from years of patient experience, extensive scientific studies and the current product landscape, this complete guide provides everything you need to know about cannabidiol (CBD). Authors Eileen Konieczny, RN, and Lauren Wilson use their years of medical and writing experience to separate the CBD facts from fiction. ”
5. TIME Mindfulness: The New Science of Health and HappinessAuthor: The Editors of TIME
“Just because you’re busy and distracted doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on life. If we all get even a little better at being mindful, we benefit in crucial ways. Now, the editors of TIME bring you a new special edition – Mindfulness: The New Science of Health and Happiness that teaches you how to be mindful (and exactly what that means).”